Friday, March 23, 2012

Resting In His Perfect Plans

As I prior mentioned, the house sale fell apart...at present we have no buyer for it. It would be a perfect opportunity to become discouraged; the enemy is stealth at using what God has meant for good, to dishearten us along the trail our heavenly Father has marked out for us. However, we must remember that His ways are truly not our ways. (Isaiah 55:8)  In today's Crosswalk, the article "The Art of Not Taking Offense" by J. Scott McElroy, stated the following:

"In my case or yours, when we encounter an unexpected twist in following God’s leading, He may just be cooking up something that we couldn’t imagine. We may never know exactly what He was doing. Or it may be about our personal growth. Either way, if I choose to take offense at how things seemingly turn out, I miss out on the joy of the adventure God is including me in; that joy of letting go of control, going with His flow, and trusting Him with the results."

May we trust and rest in His perfect plan...plans that are considering eternity in everything He chooses for us.
“My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” ~Exodus 33:14