Tuesday, February 21, 2012

L'Abri through the Generations

One of my all-time favorite books is L'Abri by Edith Schaeffer, wife of Francis Schaeffer. When I was in 7th grade, my dear mom introduced me to this lovely couple and their ministry, through encouraging me to read this book. Through the years, I have read this numerous times, and still never tire of it...every time I read it, I come away with more and more nuggets of truth.

When I was 26, God called my dear momma home, and how I miss her so much, even to this day. I sometimes feel like the little bird in the children's book, going around thinking "Are you My Mother?", lol...somehow hoping there will be some older, Godly woman, willing to step in and be those Titus 2 type shoes. But the foundation my sweet momma laid has never left me, and has only grown through the years. Because of her faithfulness to share the Gospel with me while I was growing up, I know we will one day be reunited, once again fellowshipping together. I cannot read this book, though, without feeling a little bit closer for now...somehow nearer to my Lord, heaven, and of course, Momma. :)

"Lord, you have been our dwelling place throughout all generations." ~Psalm 90:1
"But thou, O Lord, shall endure for ever; and thy remembrance unto all generations." ~Psalm 102:12
"For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations." ~Psalm 100:5
"I will sing of the mercies of the Lord for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations." ~Psalm 89:1

Labels: