Wednesday, August 03, 2011

This Is Nothing Compared to Eternity in Hell!

TOO hot, even for the smallest of critters.

(actual REAL temp, Farenheit, in the SHADE; I have no idea what the heat index is!)
Outside, even the critters are wilting...it is almost impossible to breath out there. I can't remember a time when I've ever seen temps like this before...actual temps...and I'm NOT a hot weather person, so this is even more incredulous, as far as I'm concerned. :) But it brings to mind eternity. I know that eventually, the Lord will give us some reprieve from this heat...here on earth. But for eternity, for those that have not accepted Christ as their personal Saviour, these temps will actually seem like a cool winter season compared to what's coming!
"And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.  Then he cried and said, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.’" ~Luke 16:23-24
For those that die without accepting Christ, there is no release once death has come. Makes me think even more how important it is that I am always, always, always sharing Christ with others. For that someone, today might be the day of salvation. Are you sharing Jesus with those around you, knowing it's truly a matter of life or death...a matter of unbearable heat?