Friday, December 02, 2011

The One Who Holds All My Days

"Sovereign God, I praise You that You work all things for the good of those who love you. Each problem, each trial I face today fits into Your marvelous plan for my life. Forgive me when I complain about my struggles. I'm sorry that I often fail to remember that You are in control, that You hold in Your powerful hand all things in my life.
      I want to...trust You that the inconveniences and problems that I will encounter are by no means mistakes. Thank you for the assurance that You will work today's events into a life plan for my good and Your glory." (~excerpted from Diamonds in the Dust, devotional 12/2, by Joni Eareckson Tada)

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." ~Romans 8:28