Friday, February 19, 2010

Never underestimate what God can do with your mustard seed of service...

Do you ever feel as if you just don't seem to be doing or accomplishing much in your service to God? I have MS and lupus, and there's so very little I feel like I contribute to God's kingdom for Him. In my devotions this morning, Spurgeon said this, which so spoke to my heart. I hope it does to yours, as well:

"When Andrew went to find his brother, he little imagined how eminent Simon would become. Simon Peter was worth ten Andrews so far as we can gather from sacred history, and yet Andrew was instrumental in bringing him to Jesus. You may be very deficient in talent yourself, and yet you may be the means of drawing to Christ one who shall become eminent in grace and service. You may but speak a word to a child, and in that child there may be slumbering to a noble heart, which shall stir the Christian church in years to come. Andrew has only two talents, but he finds Peter. Go thou and do likewise." (Feb. 19th devotion in Evening by Evening by Charles H, Spurgeon.)

"'Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men.'" ~Matthew 4:19