Wednesday, October 21, 2009

He knows you intricately!

I love how our God is such a personal God! In today's email devotion from Joni Eareckson Tada, she wrote, "Lord, I'm grateful I'm not a What's-his-name in your eyes. I'm not a face in the crowd. You thought of me, formed me, and designed every unique, wonderful bone in my body long before the foundation of the earth."

What a wonderful thought...we are *not* what's his-names to Him! In fact, we are so intricately loved & fashioned that He says, "Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." (Luke 12:6-7) Can you imagine? He knows us SO well, that He has the very hairs on our heads all numbered!

And in Psalm 139: 13-14, it says: "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." You may or may not have knit anything before, but it's *very* detailed, and complex, and intricate...every purled and knitted stitch matters in creating the final design! Knitting is definitely a work of love, and that's what God has done in creating each of us. He has created us with much love, down to the very last detail.

I pray that as you go about your day, that you sense and know His great love for you...YOU whom He fashioned down to the very last detail. In fact, He loves you SO much, that: "...he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16) Now THAT's a show of love that tops all shows of love!!