Tuesday, September 29, 2009

One of my heroes of the faith...Susanna Wesley

"I am content to fill a little space if God be glorified." ~ Susanna Wesley

The story of Susanna Wesley's life is incredibly amazing. She was one of the loveliest women of the faith, I believe, that ever lived. I admire her greatly. My husband & I read about her life, and couldn't put it down, it was so inspiring. The book is Susanna Wesley: Servant of God, by Sandy Dengler. You can find it by clicking here. Susanna's life was filled with incredible heartache & tragedies. If you know of someone facing severe trials, or going through the grief process, this book is made for them...her faith is a wonderful example of always leaning on the sovereignty and grace of Jesus, rejoicing in His goodness, no matter what.

"At this, Job got up and tore his robe and shaved his head. Then he fell to the ground in worship and said: 'Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised.' In all this, Job did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing." Job 1:20-22