Monday, September 21, 2009

Chief of sinners....

Do you think you have fallen too far for God to care? Think again...the Bible says:
"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief." ~ 1 Timothy 1:15
“If ever Thou permittest me to declare that faithful saying, Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners, surely the words, of whom I am chief, would be peculiarly expressive and convincing in my mouth. I could stand forth and propose myself instead of a thousand arguments in proof of the doctrine, and might well hope to be of singular use as a pattern of Thy longsuffering to all that should repent and believe.” ~John Newton, 4 August 1758, author of they hymn Amazing Grace; (if you haven't seen the movie, it is excellent. You can find it here.)