Friday, September 12, 2008

May all this never separate me...

I'm subscribed to Prayers at Work, by James H. Daughdrill, Jr., and the following was the prayer that came for today. I love it. I hope it speaks to your heart as it did mine!
"Friday, September 19, 2008 -- (Meditation: John 19:28-30)
God, I was not there when they crucified my Lord. I didn't see Him stretch out His arms so the pikes could be nailed through His hands. I didn't see them drive the nails through His feet. I didn't see the crown of thorns cut into His brow, nor the sharp sword cut into His side. I didn't see the horror and tragedy of His death. God, I sit in a comfortable, climate-controlled room, but may the distance of 8000 miles, 2000 years, and modern comforts never separate me from Him who was wounded for my transgressions, died that I might live, and rose to reign forever. Amen."