Tuesday, June 24, 2008

What Does it Profit a Man?

God can sometimes have such a sense of humor, when He wants to confirm something He's speaking to our hearts. This morning, I was laying in bed, thinking on the verse:
"For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?"~Matthew 16:26,
and asking the Lord if He would open my eyes more & more to what is eternal...if He would help me see what all He would have me see...all the things that are truly lasting and truly important. That I might be a Christian more and more with His arms. I must have been laying there about 30 or more minutes, talking to the Lord, asking for wisdom and guidance on this.

Well, I always leave the radio quietly playing all night on Christian radio, and when I get out of bed, I then turn it up, as I'm making the bed. As I turned it up, this song instantly starts playing...the first song I hear this morning! I'm sure this is probably surprising to some, but I have never heard this song before...probably because if you knew me, you'd know I'm not much into any type of rap at all :) ...even if it is Christian. :) But when I heard this song, it spoke right to my heart...I knew it was NOT a coincidence (no such thing!) that it came on the radio. I also figured this had to be a Toby Mac song, because I knew he did Christian rap, (our youngest daughter had liked his music in her teen years), and I thought it sounded like him.

So, after my morning coffee, I went to Godtube, to search what I thought might be his song, and sure enough, it was. God HAS to have a sense of humor, in wanting to confirm what had been on my heart this morning, as I lay there spending time with Him,...because I am NOT, NOT, NOT the teensiest little bit a rap person at all! To give you an idea, I had been a music major, playing the flute in a philharmonic orchestra when I was a young adult. lol Completely the opposite spectrum from rap...but I LOVED this song right away. It speaks about what's important...truly living for, and serving Jesus Christ. Living out His worldview. And it speaks about how serious it is to not realize what's truly important. I hope it speaks to you, as well:
Lose My Soul, by Toby Mac