Sunday, August 01, 2010

Trusting in God's Will for Our Lives

Have you ever had a plan for your life, and yet find that, at least for the time being, God has a different one? How hard it is to lay aside where we would want to be,







knowing God is taking us where HE has planned for us. May we rest in His sovereign hand, trusting that He knows the desires of our heart...but with that, He knows what is best for us, for HIS purposes, and HIS glory. When I read these two quotes this week, how I felt they so spoke to what I want most of all...GOD's wisdom and HIS plan for our lives. May we joyfully go where He has planned, resting in HIS perfect will for our lives.

"Not until we have become humble and teachable, standing in awe of God's holiness and sovereignty...acknowledging our own littleness, distrusting our own thoughts, and willing to have our minds turned upside down, can divine wisdom become ours." ~ J. I. Packer
"I want Thy plan, O God, for my life. May I be happy and contented whether in the homeland or on the foreign field; whether married or alone, in happiness or sorrow, health or sickness, prosperity or adversity - I want Thy plan, O God, for my life. I want it; oh, I want it." ~ Oswald J. Smith

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails." ~ Proverbs 19:21