Monday, July 19, 2010

Give Us Jesus....

Have you ever listened to the song by Fernando Ortega called Give Me Jesus? It's is one of my husband's and my very favorite songs. (It was performed by Fernando at Ruth Graham's funeral [shown below] ...such a gracious lady and an incredible heroine of the Way to me. But this post isn't about her...it's about my Jehovah Jireh...the Lord who provides.)

We have had a bit of a rugged season of it lately, with unemployment, and then my multiple sclerosis has been acting up incredibly. We had so wanted to get to church on Sunday, but I went to bed Sat. night at 8, unable to even hold my back up any longer. My dh rubbed my muscles for a while, trying to help me get to sleep. When I awakened Sunday morning, we knew we would not be going anywhere. There was just no way, never mind that it was going to be 101 out...enough to keep anyone with MS home, no matter how one is doing! I have the best husband in the world, though. He never grumbles or complains, just lovingly takes care of me, even when his chips are down. He's definitely not the best cook in the world, but thank goodness for tv dinners...they have fed us many a time when we are overwhelmed and he has his hands full taking care of me. No matter what our fare, though, it is the LORD who always sits down at our table with us, seasoning richly our food and our lives with MUCH grace. It is at times like this, that I realize even more so, how incredibly blessed we are to have each other...and even more than that, to have a SAVIOUR...one who cares SO incredibly about us, going before, behind, and beside us, no matter what the path He has ordained in our lives.

So if you so desire, you might can have all the fleeting world, yes you just might can...but for us...oh for us...just give us Jesus. THAT is enough. He is, and always will be, our cup runneth over.........

14 But as for me, I will always have hope;
I will praise you more and more.
15 My mouth will tell of your righteousness,
of your salvation all day long,
though I know not its measure.
16 I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, O Sovereign LORD;
I will proclaim your righteousness, yours alone.
17 Since my youth, O God, you have taught me,
and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.
18 Even when I am old and gray,
do not forsake me, O God,
till I declare your power to the next generation,
your might to all who are to come." ~Psalm 71:14-18