Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Let Us Not Become Weary...

The below excerpt came in my email today from Heartlight...I so love how God speaks a word just when it's needed! Today has been one of those days for me. Being in a MS & lupus flare-up for the past month or so, I slept restlessly last night, and have simply felt weary all day. One of those days where the pain seems overwhelming and you know for a fact it's only God's strength that will see you through it all. I'm sure many of you know the kind of weariness I'm talking about. You don't have to have a chronic illness to know...life can be a challenge regardless of the circumstance. Perhaps you're a single parent or divorcee, or you've had a child or spouse called Home due to an accident or illness. Or maybe your relationship with your child or spouse is going through a season of difficulty, or there's not enough money to get you through to the end of the month. For sure the list isn't inclusive...it could be any other number of things which day in and day out, is exhausting & makes you so incredibly weary you wonder how you can get back up that one more time. Well my friend, the answer is that you can't, but HE can. Without a doubt, HE can. I would encourage you, as this email did me, that as you go through the day, may you always recall the blessed Hope you have. You are NOT walking this road alone. When you're too tired to do even one other solitary thing, simply call out His name. "Jesus. Jesus...." No matter how hard the road gets, know He IS that place of respite that will refresh your soul, body, & mind, regardless of the circumstances you find yourself in!

Heartlight devotional for the day:
"'Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.' ~Galatians 6:9
THOUGHT:
Weariness is a part of life. Weariness is a part of ministry. Weariness is definitely something that overtakes us when we set our hearts on doing good for others. The wonderful blessing of God, however, is that he will renew us and sustain us and rekindle us. He does it through the encouraging word of a friend. He does it through his presence, the Holy Spirit in us. He does it through songs that lift our hearts. He does it through Scripture and prayer. So while our bodies and spirits may get weary, let's not let our hands fall idle. If we will serve with faithfulness, discipline, and integrity, God's grace will empower us to do what he has called us to do.
PRAYER:
Holy and righteous Father, as I face the challenges of life, I need your strength. Please empower me through your Spirit who lives within me. Give me the courage to continue when I am tired, discouraged, and confused. I trust that as I seek to honor you, you will bless me with the strength I need to continue as I live to bring honor to you. In Jesus' name I ask this. Amen."


Have a good, Godly day! (as Woodrow Kroll often says) :) And don't forget, this IS our Father's world!

(Amy Grant has a breath-taking version of this song on her CD, Legacy...Hymns & Faith. If you get a chance to purchase it, do...all the hymns are fantastic on there!)