Tuesday, February 17, 2009

How Much Do You Love?

"A foolish physician he is, and a most unfaithful friend, that will let a sick man die for fear of troubling him; and cruel wretches are we to our friends, that will rather suffer them to go quietly to hell, then we will anger them, or hazard our reputation with them." ~Richard Baxter
"If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our bodies. If they will perish, let them perish with our arms about their knees. Let no one go there unwarned and unprayed for." ~Charles Spurgeon
"But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. 'Do not fear what they fear; do not be frightened.' But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have...." ~1 Peter 3:14-15
After all is said and done, the Lord's will, will be done. I love this song, "Can You Reach My Friend", sung below by Debby Boone. I sang it at the Baptist Student Union, when I was 26 years old & in college. It had special meaning to me then, and has special meaning to me today. The answers aren't found anywhere else but in Him. I'm sure you have loved ones this song is for, as well: