Wednesday, December 24, 2008

An Immanuel-love Christmas Eve to you & yours!

These came in my email this week, and just had to post them here. My own prayer for each of you on this Christmas Eve Day...wherever you are & whatever your circumstances...is that you may richly & deeply feel & know the warmth and comfort of Christ's Immanuel-love for you.

Monday, December 22, 2008 -- (Meditation: Isaiah 40:28-31)
God, I pray for those whose hearts are filled with sorrow this Christmas . . . for those facing bitter disappointments . . . for those who feel helpless when someone they love is sick or suffering . . . for those whose dreams are shattered . . . and for those who grieve. God, grant them Your peace. Let them know that the Lord has come to a stable . . . that His voice still speaks from the Cross and the empty tomb . . . that He is coming again . . . that His love will defeat sorrow and death . . . that injustice will pass away . . . and that He will reign forever and ever! Amen.

And this last one, which reminds me of my dear mama, daddy, and big brother Kent. Give a hug to Jesus for me...I miss you all dearly!! But sing so loud & clear as you did from days gone by...one day I'll be there, too, to play my flute with you as I once did, in honor of our precious Lord & Saviour!

Tuesday, December 23, 2008 -- (Meditation: Romans 8:38-39)
God, in this Christmas season, when I hear once again the familiar carols of hope, I remember other voices that sang with us in yester years. I can STILL see their smiles and hear their voices and feel their love, though they now sing in the heavenly choir. O God, I am grateful for loved ones that touched my life, and I am happy that they rest in eternal glory with You.
(From Prayers at Work, © Copyright 2008 James H. Daughdrill, Jr.)