Saturday, August 15, 2026

Prayers for You, My Friend

 Let me come in where you are weeping, friend,
And let me take your hand.
I, who have known a sorrow such as yours,
Can understand.

Let me come in - I would be very still
Beside you in your grief;
I would not bid you cease your weeping, friend,
Tears can bring relief.

Let me come in - I would only breathe a prayer,
And hold your hand,
For I have known a sorrow such as yours,
And understand.

So know my friend, that: 

"God alone can do what seems impossible. This is the promise of his grace: 'I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten' (Joel 2:25). God can give back all those years of sorrow, and you will be the better for them. God will grind sunlight out of your black nights. In the oven of affliction, grace will prepare the bread of delight. Someday you will thank God for all your sadness." ~ Charles Spurgeon

"The first service that one owes to others in the fellowship consists of listening to them. Just as love of God begins with listening to his word, so the beginning of love for our brothers and sisters is learning to listen to them." ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer 

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." - 1 Corinthians 13:13 

 May be an image of ‎text that says '‎Good Momning Rise, Shine and and Be Kind Enjoy Enjoy little things things ש'ל‎'‎