Friday, March 07, 2014

This Era Will Pass So Quickly...

On one of my flip calendars, it said this for today:
"This era will pass so quickly, and the present stresses will seem insignificant and remote. What will matter to you at the end of life will be the loving relationships you built with your family and your readiness to meet the Lord." ~James Dobson
I love that! Makes me think of a book that I just finished reading, Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker. One of the things I kept thinking over and over, while reading it, was how insignificant most things are, except for what really matters...loving our family, and serving the Lord. All else is gone in the blink of an eye.
"...earth will pass away, but my words will not...." ~Matthew 24:35
Oh Lord, we scurry about so...help us remember that in the big scheme of things, much of this is so very insignificant. Guide us in all that we do, that we may "number our days...[with] a heart of wisdom" (Psalm 90:12).