Friday, February 08, 2013

The Lord is in all our unknowns...

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” ~Deut. 31:8
I was reading in one of my devotional books this morning, Daily Seeds: From Women Who Walk in Faith. Here are a few wonderful excerpts from it about the unknowns the Lord oftentimes takes us into:

"I expect things to be a certain way and when they are not my natural response is sadness, anger, and fear. Yet God, in His mercy, is calling me to something better. He's calling me to Himself. He is calling me to reject the notion that my soul can be satisfied with what this world has to offer.

....God is always trying to pry my hands off of what I think gives me life and identity and worth. He wants me to cling to Him and the identity He gives to me.

What changes is the Lord bringing into your life? ....Ask the Lord, 'Give me Your peace to sit in the unknown.'  Let the unknowns drive you to Him and into His presence. He never changes. Take great delight and receive peace from the fact that He is going out before you and surrounds you on all sides. He longs for you to place your faith in Him and not the familiar."

"See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?" ~Isaiah 43:19