Monday, September 18, 2006

Spiritual Snack for the Day ~ Running the Race without Fear


"Christians ought not to be smothered in fear. There is a
spiritual readiness, where we return to having the peace of God
stand guard over our hearts and minds. What an incredible
witness it is to a lost and fearful society when the Christian
acts like a child of God, living under the loving sovereignty of
the Heavenly Father. The Christian needs to walk in peace, so no
matter what happens they will be able to bear witness to a
watching world."
~Henry Blackaby
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ouch. Do I fall short of this one oftentimes. I can be such a worry-wart. Yet what is worry but fear of what may happen in any particular situation one is concerned about? How many of us truly rest in utter confidence in the Lord's sovereignty, come what may? Or do we, as Christians, rest peacefully in His care only when times are easy, or the answer is already evident? When we wring our hands, or toss & turn fretting...we are, in essence, smothered in fear, at least for the moment. We may not want to call it that, but it is such a manner...otherwise, we would lay down in those lush green pastures He has for us, knowing full well that all will be fine, no matter what. Thank goodness there is a loving Father, who crosses the distance for me, no matter what I lack, and continues to make my feet swift to the race. Paul said, "...I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race & complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me--the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." Acts 20:24 Therefore, may we each run the race confidently, as a testimony to the living power of the Lord Jesus Christ, so when all is said & done, like Paul, we can say: "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day--and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing."
2 Timothy 4:7-8
And we all said, Maranatha...come Lord Jesus. (with an emboldened faith...& peace...in the secure heart-knowledge of His very mighty sovereignty).